*MUST FOLLOW DIRECTIONS COMPLETELY TO BE CONSIDERED. READ THE ENTIRE POST BELOW.*
REPORTS TO: Paralegal Supervisor and Staff Attorneys.
STATUS: Full-time, approx. 40 hours/week
COMPENSATION: Dependent on experience
LOCATION: 1 E. Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60601
The Prinz Law Firm is a woman-owned boutique legal practice focusing on employment and business law. Unlike typical firms in our field, we serve both employees and employers, and we do so through fierce, transparent, and compassionate representation. Our work is varied and can include litigating non-compete agreements, negotiating executive severance packages, combatting discrimination, and training businesses to form positive workplace cultures. In all we do, our experienced attorneys and staff take pride in cultivating client relationships marked by trust, professionalism, creativity, and flexibility.
After client support, nothing matters more to us than our firm culture. Our small practice is marked by a highly collaborative team that leans on one another to accomplish big projects and overcome tough challenges. And no matter one’s position or role, we value one another as co-workers and make mutual respect and good humor hallmarks of our day-to-day interactions.
As a fast-paced, growing law firm focusing our practice on employment law, we are seeking a reliable, organized, detail-oriented paralegal to assist attorneys and office staff with legal and office support. The position of paralegal has a broad range of duties, including filing documents with the court, preparing and drafting legal documents, conducting occasional legal research, and assisting attorneys with overall case management.
- E-file documents with various courts.
- Draft documents for litigation, e.g., demand letters, complaints, motions, and discovery requests and responses.
- Draft and file administrative agency charges and responses (e.g., with EEOC and IDHR).
- Review and index discovery documents.
- Oversee case and file management for several clients, tracking matter activity and pending deadlines.
- Conduct occasional legal research.
- Attend and actively participate in weekly team meetings.
- Utilize creative and analytical skills to problem-solve a variety of challenges.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 3 years minimum of experience in a paralegal role.
- Ability to respectfully and attentively follow directions.
- Ability and desire to work as part of a cooperative, collaborative team.
- Ability to work independently at times, and to self-monitor and self-manage.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism in conduct and manner representative of the firm.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage time-sensitive documents and requests.
- Proficient in the use of technology including MS Office, case management software systems, and electronic filing, or ability to quickly learn.
- Excellent research, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates initiative and commitment to delivering high-quality work product.
- Strong communication skills, including writing skills.
- Paralegal certification and meaningful experience in a litigation setting preferred; prior employment law experience a plus.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
Position offers flexible hours during regular business hours Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Compensation: dependent upon experience.
Submit résumé and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line “Experienced Paralegal.”
The Prinz Law Firm
Powerful Advocacy and Personal Attention
Investment and Dedication From Our Team
Careful Communication and Transparency
Efficient and Cost-Effective Representation