Employment Litigation Attorney
Work schedule: full-time, hybrid.
Salary: $110,000 – 145,000, commensurate with experience.
- Litigation experience required: 2 years minimum.
- Employment law experience: 2 years minimum.
- Illinois licensed attorney.
The Prinz Law Firm is a woman-owned boutique legal practice focusing on employment and business law. Unlike typical firms in our field, we serve both employees and employers, and we do so through fierce, transparent, and compassionate representation. Our work is varied and can include litigating non-compete agreements, negotiating executive compensation and severance packages, litigating Title VII and other discrimination matters, drafting employment agreements and employee handbooks, conducting workplace investigations, providing workplace trainings, and training businesses to form positive workplace cultures. While our office is located in Chicago, Illinois, we have litigated matters and worked with clients across the country. In all we do, our experienced attorneys and staff take pride in cultivating client relationships marked by trust, professionalism, creativity, and flexibility.
After client support, nothing matters more to us than our firm culture. Our small practice is marked by a highly collaborative team that leans on one another to accomplish big projects and overcome tough challenges. And no matter one’s position or role, we value one another as co-workers and make mutual respect and good humor hallmarks of our day-to-day interactions.
We strive to create a culture based upon the following Core Values:
- We are versatile and adaptable.
- We are collaborative and team-focused.
- We challenge ourselves and each other within a growth mindset.
- We are innovative and courageous.
- We are compassionate and justice-oriented.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
We are looking for an attorney with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and empathy who will manage all aspects of litigation, resolve disputes, draft and review agreements and policies, negotiate contracts, advise and guide clients through complex and sometimes emotional matters.
This position requires strong writing skills, strategic thinking, and creativity. In addition to managing litigation and advising clients, this attorney will be responsible for collaborating with other attorneys and mentoring less experienced colleagues and staff.
This position will begin in-office for the initial 4–6 weeks. Then it will transition into a hybrid position, requiring a few days per week in the office and permitting work from home a few days a week. This role is expected to reach 1,500 billable hours annually.
Qualified candidates must have at least 2 years of litigation experience and 2 years of experience minimum in employment law.
- Illinois licensed attorney.
- Strong understanding of civil procedure.
- Effective client management and counseling.
- Ability to analyze complex factual and legal issues.
- Strategic and creative thinker.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, expectations, and needs.
- Proactive attitude and ability to work well independently, but also within a team structure.
- Demonstrative dependability, reliability, and punctuality.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, and ability to summarize information clearly and concisely.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word are essential.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) profit sharing
- Paid time off
- Professional development budget
TO APPLY: Submit résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: “Employment Litigation Attorney.”
The Prinz Law Firm
Powerful Advocacy and Personal Attention
Investment and Dedication From Our Team
Careful Communication and Transparency
Efficient and Cost-Effective Representation