BROWSING OR USING THE WEBSITE DOES NOT MAKE YOU A PLF CLIENT: Please be advised that browsing the Website or using its services or functionality does not make you a client of PLF. The Website is provided for general information purposes and convenience, and not creating any attorney-client relationship. If you need legal advice, you should contact an attorney or your local bar association.
Replying to a PLF marketing email or sending a communication to us does not create an attorney-client relationship with PLF. As such, please do not send any information that you consider confidential unless and until we have agreed in writing to represent you. Any information provided to us prior to such agreement may not be protectable from disclosure and may not be subject to attorney-client privilege.
Information We Collect And How We Use It
You may choose to provide personal information (for example, your name, address, email address, telephone number) on our Website for various purposes, including the following.
Personal Information You Provide
- Contact Us: You can communicate with us through the “Contact Us” link on our Website, which will ask you to provide your name, email address, phone number, and message in connection with the comment or question you submit to us. We use this information to communicate with you about your comments or questions. We may also use the information you provide to communicate with you about topics we believe may be of interest to you.
- Newsletter, Alerts, & Blog Posts: On our Website, you may sign up to receive our newsletter, alerts, podcast, and blog posts. To sign up, you will be asked to provide information such as your name, email address, and phone number. We use this information to send you the communications you requested.
- Other site features: Our Website offers features that may change from time to time. We may provide you with an opportunity to communicate about these features by submitting certain personal information.
- Careers: we may also ask you to provide, in certain circumstances, additional personal data in order for you to apply for a job or to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject.
- Other uses of information: We may use the personal information you provide on the Website for our internal purposes. These purposes include administration of the Website, market research, data analytics, and compliance with our legal obligations, policies, and procedures.
Email: We only send emails to users of our Website who sign up for one of our mailing lists or who agree to receive future communications from us. Every email you will receive from us will contain clear information on how to unsubscribe from future communications. If you sign up for communications from us but then wish to unsubscribe, follow the unsubscribe instructions in the email you receive from us. Upon receipt of any unsubscribe request, we will cease our communication with you until and unless you re-subscribe for one of our mailing lists.
Telephone: We may also contact you by phone where you provide your phone number, in connection with the request, comment, or inquiry you submit via the Website. If you do not wish to be contacted by phone, please indicate that to the individual who is calling you on our behalf, and we will remove your phone number from our contact list.
- Social media: We may use social media sharing and other “widgets” to enable interaction with social networks, such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Some of these social networks may be able to track your visit to our Website (or any site that uses the widgets) because when you visit a social network, it may place personally identifiable cookies in your browser that are then transmitted back to the social network when you visit other sites that use that network’s widgets, even if you do not click on or interact with the widget. If you have questions about a particular social network’s information collection or cookie practices, please refer to the privacy and use policies of that social network
- Functionality: These cookies allow our Website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced features. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on an article. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymized. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for advertising, or remember where you have been on the internet.
The major browsers have attempted to implement the draft “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) standard of the World Wide Web Consortium (“W3C”) in their latest releases. As this standard has not been finalized, PLF’s Website is not compatible with DNT and does not recognize DNT settings.
You have choices about certain information we collect. When you are asked to provide information, you may decline to do so; but if you choose not to provide information that is necessary for us to collect by law or to perform a contract, we may not be able to enter into or perform such contract, or perform other obligations with respect to you.
How Do We Process Personal Data?
Business Operations and Marketing.
- We might use your information to provide you with information personalized to your requests, to respond to inquiries, or to deliver legal services;
- We might use your personal data for screening you for employment or other engagement;
- We might use your data to provide you with communications regarding our services and legal developments;
- We might use your data to ensure compliance with our legal obligations, including compliance checks and related record-keeping; and
- We might use your data in connection with the exercise or defense of our legal rights, as well as in response to court orders.
Legal Bases for Processing.We process personal data for, or based on, one or more of the following legal bases:
- to enter into, or perform under, the agreement between us, and to comply with your instructions;
- as is necessary for our legitimate interests, including direct marketing;
- to comply with the law and our legal obligations, as well as to protect you and other individuals from certain harms; and
- in certain circumstances, based on your express consent.
Information We Share With Others
Some of the above processing involves sharing collected personal data with
third parties, including service providers, affiliates, and other partners.
PLF will not sell, rent, trade, exchange, share, or otherwise disclose
personal information visitors submit through our Website, except as identified
- Consent: We may share information you submit to us with your consent or at your direction.
- Service providers: We may share your information with service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf, for example, to host our Website or send email communications. We obligate these service providers to not use or disclose the information they receive from us except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- Compliance with law: In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, (ii) in response to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
Protection of Personal Data
Security is important to us and to you. Therefore, PLF works to employ reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and organizational safeguards designed to promote the security of our systems and protect the confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of personal data. If you suspect unauthorized access to your information as a result of a breach of PLF’s protective measures, you should contact PLF immediately.
No method of safeguarding information is completely secure. While we use measures designed to protect personal data, we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will be effective or sufficient. Internet data transmission is not always secure, and we cannot warrant that information you transmit to us through the Internet is or will be secure.
Retention of Personal Data.
We retain personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, as well as to the extent we deem necessary to carry out the processing activities described above, including compliance with applicable laws, regulations, rules and requests of relevant law enforcement and/or other governmental agencies, and to the extent we reasonably deem necessary to protect our and our partners’ rights, property, or safety, and the rights, property, and safety of our users and other third parties.
Your Rights Regarding Personal Data
You have a variety of legal rights regarding the collection and processing of personal data. You may exercise these rights, to the extent they apply to you, by contacting us. Please be prepared to provide reasonable information to authenticate your requests.
These rights vary depending on the particular laws of your jurisdiction, but may include:
- the right to know whether, and for what purposes, we process personal data about you;
- the right to be informed about the personal data we collect and/or process about you;
- the right to access, modify, and correct personal data about you;
- the right to know with whom we have shared personal data about you, for what purposes, and what personal data has been shared (including whether personal data was disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes);
- where processing of personal data about you is based on consent, the right to withdraw your consent to such processing; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority located in the jurisdiction of your habitual residence, place of work, or where an alleged violation of law occurred.
Accessing, Modifying, Rectifying, and Correcting Collected Personal Data.We strive to maintain the accuracy of any personal data collected from you, and will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond promptly to update our database when you tell us the information in our database is not accurate. However, we must rely upon you to ensure that the information you provide to us is complete, accurate, and up-to-date, and to inform us of any changes. Please review all of your information carefully before submitting it to us, and please notify us as soon as possible of any updates or corrections.
In accordance with applicable law, you may obtain from us certain personal data that we process about you. If you wish to access, review, or make any changes to personal data you have provided to us through our website or related services, you may do so at any time by contacting us as provided below. Please note, however, that we reserve the right to deny access as permitted or required by applicable law.
Our Website is not directed at children, and we will not knowingly accept, request, or collect personal information from individuals under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected personal information from an individual under the age of 18, we will delete this information from our databases in accordance with our deletion procedures. Should you suspect that a child of whom you are the parent or legal guardian has provided us with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to address this issue.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California users are entitled to request information relating to whether a business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. PLF does not sell or share your personal information with third party companies for their direct marketing purposes without your consent.
Changes to Policy
If you would like to update your contact information or preferences, or have your information removed from our mailing list, or if you have comments or questions about the administration of our Website or this Policy, please contact us by:
- Emailing us at email@example.com
- Writing us at
The Prinz Law Firm, P.C.
Attention: Data Privacy
One East Wacker Drive, Suite 550
Chicago, IL 60601
Communications Opt-Out. You may opt out of receiving marketing or other communications from us at any time through a given communications channel (such as email or telephone) by following the opt-out link or other unsubscribe instructions provided in any email message received and/or by contacting us as provided above.